Roundup of the Best Drugstore Beauty Products for Sensitive Skin
Welcome back to Five Friday Favorites! Today I’m tackling drugstore beauty products. I have sensitive skin that still breaks out if I use the wrong product. This is particularly troublesome since I’ll be 41 very soon. I can’t use anti-wrinkle products because they are too harsh for my sensitive skin and they usually break out my skin. It’s kind of annoying that I can’t fight off aging because I end up looking like a teenager with bad skin!
That being said, I’m fairly frugal about skincare products since I hate to buy a beauty product and have to toss it after it messes up my skin. I have found some great drugstore products that work well with my sensitive skin and don’t break me out. I’ve been using them for years and every time I try a new, more expensive brand, I always end up returning to my drugstore beauty product brand.
For me to buy an expensive beauty product, it better work really, really well. I have a few beauty products that I do spend money on because they work really well, but I’ll share another time.
Roundup of Best Beauty Products for Sensitive Skin
*This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive compensation if you make a purchase using this link at no additional cost to you.
- Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser for Sensitive Skin: I have been using this face wash for years. It leaves my skin super clear and I don’t need to use a makeup remover for my eye makeup (it takes it all off as long as my mascara isn’t waterproof). This face wash doesn’t leave my skin feeling dry, just clean. I use it in the morning and evening.
- Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin with Broad Spectrum SPF 15: I use this moisturizer every single day, even though my makeup base is tinted moisturizer. I will share my dirty little secret here – I HATE sunscreen and only wear it if I’m going to be in direct sunlight for a long time. Sunscreen makes my skin feel greasy and when I’ve bought the non-greasy sunscreen specifically for my face, I’ve broken out or had allergy attacks. This moisturizer has a sunscreen built in. While I know that technically, this isn’t enough sunscreen, I feel like at least it’s something.
- Aquaphor Advanced Therapy Healing Ointment Skin Protectant: I love this stuff. It is so versatile. I use it on my face when I get dry patches. I put it on my cuticles when they are dry and peeling. I use it on my son when he has diaper rash. I even use it on my hands at night when I get super dry from washing my hands so much. I have a travel size and a giant jar and it gets tons of use.
- Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Intense Relief Hand Cream: I keep this hand cream in my car and in my purse. Since I take medication that suppresses my immune system, I am constantly washing my hands – kind of obsessively. While frequent hand washing is great for my immune system, it isn’t so great for my hands. This hand cream doesn’t leave my hands greasy and it smells kind of yummy. Side note – at night, I step it up and use L’Occitane Shea Butter hand cream. It is expensive and really rich so I just use it before bed.
- Ives Apricot Scrub: Even though I have sensitive skin, this product doesn’t irritate my skin. It is one of the few face scrubs that I can use that doesn’t make my skin break out. I’ve been using it off and on since high school. I have tried pricier brands and have had some luck, but honestly, why pay more when the drugstore beauty brand works so well? I use it about once a week – on Saturdays when I’m not racing through my shower!
I have been using every product on this list for probably two decades now. Every now and then, I’ll try something different but they don’t make my skin look any better than the drugstore beauty product brands, so I’d rather save money. I have used Dermalogica, Ole Henriksen, Murad, and Origins and the results have never been enough to sway me from my favorites.
Do you have favorite drug store beauty brands?